I always find it both strange and amusing to be awarded for my thoughts. But other people don't think so... anyway, thank you Randy.
So I'm supposed to list 5 random facts about myself and then pass it on to 5 great blogs that I like and recommend. Problem is, I like and would recommend more than 5 blogs - waaay more.
Thing is, I'm generally a very busy person, so if I make the effort and take the time to read your blog and comment on it, it means that I like it and that you have my approval. And I enjoy reading a wide variety of blogs for different reasons.
So I thought that instead of torturing myself for hours trying to choose 5 specific blogs, I'll substitute it instead with a list of 10 random somewhat unknown facts about me:
1. I’ve started eating eggs again after 15 years of being off them. Only hard-boiled eggs though. It happened one morning on the cruise. The reason I stopped in the first place was because I couldn’t stand the smell.
2. I can't go to bed without washing my feet and drinking a tablespoon of olive oil mixed with water.
3. My Dad’s cousin is a famous pop star in the UAE.
4. I don’t only appreciate male beauty, contrary to what people may believe from what they’ve read here or seen on Facebook. I appreciate all kinds of beauty and openly admire beautiful women and adorable children as well.
5. I don’t say things I don’t mean. So if I say that I care about someone or something or that I think someone is beautiful, amazing or awesome – I genuinely mean it.
6. In real life I'm a very affectionate person. In the words of someone who actually met me "I was expecting a great big lion to chew my head off and all I got was this harmless cute little kitten". I can be fiesty but I love to love, and I'm not afraid of expressing that love. So I'm always hugging and kissing family members and close friends and telling them that I love them - much to their irritation.
7. The irony is that the people that I love most in the world are the only people I can't express it to - and they're my parents. Just thinking about telling them that I love them overwhelms me to such a degree that I get very emotional, choke up, can't get a word out and I could cry for DAYS.
8. My parents are dangerous people. Mostly because they’re very well connected. When I was younger, I would often fantasize about running away to a tropical island and living out my days there. But I knew that there was no way in hell that would ever happen because Mother would only need to make one phone call and everyone from the country’s top cops and detectives, to the FBI, Interpol and the Chinese Mafia would be out looking for me.
9. My thoughts and opinions are always subject to change. For some reason people tend to think that everything I say is etched in stone. What most don’t realise is that I have mini revelations and epiphanies quite often, so I’m always learning and growing as a person. I also believe that growth and self-improvement is important. Hence what I believe to be true at any particular moment changes every few months.
10. My students voted me as their funniest teacher and one of the best teachers they ever had in a recent poll. The problem with such accolades is that it’s a breeding ground for jealousy from other insecure and emotionally retarded colleagues.