Because I strive for and enjoy a good balance in my life...
These are some of my favourite verses of Al-Quraan. If anyone wants me to read it aloud in Arabic, give me a call :P
Adh-Dhuha - The Morning Hours (93:1-11)
1. By the morning hours
2. And by the night when it is stillest,
3. Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4. And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former
5. And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6. Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee)?
7. Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee)?
8. Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee)?
9. Therefore the orphan oppress not,
10. Therefore the beggar drive not away,
11. Therefore of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse.
Al-Sharh - Solace (94:1-8)
1. Have We not caused thy bosom to dilate,
2. And eased thee of the burden
3. Which weighed down thy back;
4. And exalted thy fame?
5. But lo! with hardship goeth ease,
6. Lo! with hardship goeth ease;
7. So when thou art relieved, still toil
8. And strive to please thy Lord.
I've never come across anything more beautiful and comforting :D
NaBloPoMo: Day 1. Voting
7 hours ago